Sunday 20 August 2017

The week in photos: August 14-20 2017

the week in photos

Cute cats, creepy dolls and other things, oh my!

Antwerp Pride flags 

Day 226: Monday, August 14 2017 
Camera: the one in my phone. 
The pride flags were still up in Antwerp, and I think they look so cheerful they should just keep them up all year 'round! :) 

---- 

Photo of the day: 15.8.2017 (day 227) 

Day 227: Tuesday, August 15 2017 
Camera: the one in my phone. 
Bert and I went to our friend's Aurélie's house today and she had brought back this AMAZING Freaks Circus doll head necklace from Japan for me. 
It's actually a piece that I can use in BCM if I want, and hell yes, I'm gonna! 
I've been a fan of Freak's Circus' creations for years so I'm EXTATIC to finally own a piece by them! 
Never would have thought I'd get a piece of PR this amazing! 

---- 

Photo of the day: 16.8.2017 (day 228) 

Day 228: Wednesday, August 16 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Bert's custom Princess Bubblegum doll came when he was at work, so the heavy task of photographing it for his social media befell me. 
Just kidding, I was happy to do it, in fact I suggested it to him :). 
It's so well made that I'm seriously considering getting a Magnus Bane one for myself to sit on my bookshelf in all it's glittery glory haha. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 17.8.2017 (day 229) 

Day 229: Thursday, August 17 2017 
Camera: the one in my phone. 
Loa may look like he's seen a ghost, but that's just Pluisje from next door sitting on the other side of the window. 
It may seem like they're friends, but Pluisje hates Loa's guts. 
Not enough to stop coming to our house to beg for food though (obviously we do feed him, we can't stand it when animals go hungry). 
And ok, so it's black cat appreciation day and I'm not posting black cats, but hey. 
Days like this are necessary to get rid of the stigma that still rests on black cats. 
Loa, for example, was the only one of his litter not adopted because he was a fully black kitten when he was a baby. 
Joke's on those idiots, because he's a lovely shade of cigar brown now! 

---- 

Photo of the day: 18.8.2017 (day 230) 

Day 230: Friday, August 18 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
I was trying to shoot some photos for a future blog post, and of course then Loa showed up and that didn't work out at all. 
Sometimes the faithful feline blogging assistent is completely and utterly lousy at assisting. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 19.8.2017 (day 231) 
Day 231: Saturday, August 19 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Got my new Sugarpill shadows in the mail today. 
I gotta say that I love these. 
They are everything the old M.A.C mattes were and aren't anymore (well some are, but most aren't): highly pigmented with amazing colours. 
Flamepoint is pretty much exactly like the new discontinued Orange, which makes me happy because I really miss Orange. I love Rule (the current orange M.A.C shade), but it's just not the same. 
I think I'll do a review about these on my blog soon, I've got three in total now, could be good :). 

---- 

Photo of the day: 20.8.2017 (day 322) 

Day 232: Sunday, August 20 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
I don't think an explanation is needed here. 
Although I do feel like Loa should explain himself sleeping on my orange scarf like that. Having stolen the scarf, obviously. As cats tend to do. Furry little thieves! He's lucky I love him so much :). 

---- 

See all other daily photos of this year. 

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website - old blog (it's to say, I double post, but my years and years of posting is on there as I've had it since 2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment