Sunday 27 August 2017

The week in photos: August 21-27 2017

The week in photos

Beauty, beer and pets :)
Photo of the day: 21.8.2017 (233) 

Day 233: Monday, August 21 2017 
Camera: the one in my phone 
Bert and I went to Antwerp, and he had a beer that was utterly rubbish. Hence the sceptic face. 
Mort Subite Geuze, avoid at all costs. Unless you want beer that tastes like rubbish lemonade, of course, if that's the case, by all means, try it. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 22.8.2017 (day 234) 

Day 234: Tuesday, August 22 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Good morning indeed! 
Bert got me this super cute mug at a shop in Antwerp yesterday. 
I'm using it for my face brushes now. It goes really well with my other cat mug and my plain white one that I also use for brushes :). 
Plus, it's MEGA cute. 
It's also pretty huge, so it can hold a few more brushes :D. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 23.8.2017 (day 235) 

Day 235: Wednesday, August 23 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
A while ago, this SEGA x Glamglow Sonic the Hedgehog, blue Gamermud variant of the usually silver Gravitymud was all over Youtube. 
Gravitymud is the one I've been wanting to try out, but I either didn't manage or wanted to spend around €50 on a full size in case I didn't like it. 
I really liked this one, because come on, who doesn't like Sonic? 
But it was originally a US release and I wasn't about to import it and deal with those costs. Imagine my surprise when just last week, MONTHS after the US release, these travel sized boxes were showing up on the French Sephora site. 
I had a look at ICI PARIS XL and lo and behold, it was on there too! 
So I ordered it from there because not only was the shipping free (saving me €8,90), I also had a coupon, so I managed to get quite a bit off the price. 
When I got it, I was super surprised to see it was the Sonic packaging (the most popular one, which was already sold out on Sephora France when I saw it last Wednesday or Thursday). 
So double yay. I'm keeping this closed 'till October because I'm going to try it out together with my BFF Charlotte when she comes to visit. I think she's even more excited about this than I am haha :). 

---- 

Too Faced, Born This Way, ethereal setting powder 

Day 236: Thursday, August 24 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
Whilst I didn't buy Gamermud on the French Sephora site, I did buy this: Too Faced's Born this Way setting powder. 
Which I will be the first to admit is a REALLY expensive setting powder to use for SFX stuff (I use it as an under eye powder too sometimes, mind). But I don't care, I want a GOOD powder, and if I ever need a powder for beauty stuff, now I at least have a really nice one. So that's the end of it :).

Outfit: 24.8.2017 

I am totally in the Halloween spirit already, which is business as usual around this time of year. So even though it's still summer, I am totally channeling Halloween vibes with my striped shorts (Beetlejuice!) and Phantom Manor skull top. 
Hat: thrifted/vintage 
Glasses: Theo 
Top: Disneyland Paris, Phantom Manor merchandise 
Shorts: H&M 
Sandals: HEMA, but I made and added the wings myself

Day 75/100 days of make-up in 2017 

Day 75/100 days of make-up in 2017 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- LunatiCK Cosmetic Labs, eyeshadow in Brainz 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Brass Band 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Drawing a Blanc/Blanc Type and Pink Sienna 
- Nocibé, artist eyeshadow in Mambo Americano 
- NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone 
- Yves Rocher, botanical color eyeshadow in Lavande Nacré 
- Yves Rocher, botanical color jumbo pencil in Prune Hortensia Nacré 
- Yves Rocher, volume elixir mascara in Blue 
- Sugarpill, pressed eyeshadow in Poison Plum 
- Too Faced, Chocolate Bon Bons in Blackcurrant 
FACE: 
- M.A.C, natural radience primer in radiant pink 
- M.A.C, blush in Full of Joy 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
LIPS: 
- M.A.C x Brooke Candy, lipstick in Witching Hour 

---- 

Photo of the day: 25.8.2017 (day 237) 

Day 237: Friday, August 25 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
See what I have to work with? 
That essence highlighter, the strobing one, is not really worth the money though. If you're looking for a very natural glow soft high lighter it would actually be the exact right shade, but there's something iffy about the formula because it's making my skin itch after about 5-6 hours of wear. 
So no, not impressed with it. 
At least it was cheap (€2,99) but it's still money thrown out the window, basically XD. 

Day 77/100 days of make-up in 2017 

Day 76/100 days of make-up in 2017 
BROWS: 
- M.A.C, brow sculpt in Cork 
EYES: 
- M.A.C, pro longwear concealer in NC20 
- M.A.C, sized to go zoom lash mascara in Beets Me 
- M.A.C, technakohl liner in Brass Band 
- M.A.C, Semi-Sweet eye shadow x 9 in Mocha Minded and Outre 
- Nocibé, Artist eye shadow in Mambo Americano 
 - Too Faced, Natural Eyes in Heaven and Sexpresso 
FACE: 
- M.A.C, sized to go strobe cream 
- M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush 
- M.A.C, blush in Full of Joy 
- Too Faced, Hangover primer 
LIPS: 
- Sugarpill, liquid lip color in Pumpkin Spice 

---- 

"Photo" of the day: 26.8.2017 (day 238) 

Day 238: Saturday, August 26 2017 
Camera: the one in my phone 
I'm not sure the video will work, because flickr isn't known to be good with video. 
In case it doesn't, here's the link to it. 
It's basically just Shinto eating dandelion leaves :). 

---- 

Photo of the day: 27.8.2017 (day 139) 

Day 239: Sunday, August 27 2017 
Camera: Canon EOS 700D, 18-55mm Canon lens 
That mug from earlier this week? It's now full of brushes :D. 

---- 

See all other daily photos of this year. 
All 100 days of make-up shots so far. 
Make-up and outfit shots by Bert Van den Wyngaert 

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website - old blog (it's to say, I double post, but my years and years of posting is on there as I've had it since 2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment