Monday 13 November 2017

analog baby!

blog header

Back when I was in Japan early September, I bought a disposable camera at Yodobashi Camera in Shinjuku
I'm not exactly sure what this type of camera is called, but it was one by Fujifilm with a max of 1600 ISO and build in flash. 
It counted down from 39 (never seen anything with 39 photos on it before) which is the other way around as cameras and film here start from 0 and go up. I quite liked it, actually. 

Normally I only get developped film back, but when I handed in the camera at HEMA over a month after I bought it (because I hadn't shot all of the frames in Japan), the stupid student working there decided that surely I MUST have made a mistake ticking only the “film only” box for the lab and she also ticked “print”. So I ended up having to pay for the prints as well as the developped film. 
Which does NOT please me, at all. 
Next time I'm giving it to someone that works there on contract, because they'll at least know to just put the film in the bag for the lab without “correcting” the order form. 

This mishap was thankfully not overly expensive, and it did turn out to be quite lucky because I realised that a lot of the blur issues I had with film scans were the issues of my scanner rather than the film, and I was able to fix most of them. 
The film scanner still won't scan some colours correctly, so I popped a couple of photos under my regular scanner to sort out that issue. 
It wasn't enough of a “happy mistake” to always get prints though, not by a long shot, but I'm totally seeing the upside of the situation. 
Even though it still shouldn't have happened, it wasn't a total waste of extra €.

Anyway, to the photos!
September 7, Tokyo Disney Sea, Chiba, Japan

Mediterranean Harbor

Mediterranean Harbor

View on Tower of Terror

Tower of Terror

Toy Story Mania

snack time

galley

galley

Fortress of Explorations

Fortress of Explorations

foliage

friendly cast member 

----

September 8, Tokyu Plaza roof garden, Odaiba, Tokyo, Japan.

Bert 

----

September 9, Narita airport, Japan

on the way home 

----

October 1, Antwerp, Belgium

Photo of the day: 1.10.2017 (day 274)

Autumn in Antwerp 

----

Random photos around where I live, all from in between September 21 and October 15. 

Loa

Autumn

Autumn

Photo of the day: 21.9.2017 (day 264)

Autumn 

----

October 16, Antwerp, Belgium

Autumn 

Well ok, this one is taken from a platform at the local train station, but the following ones are all taken at Groenplaats in Antwerp!

Autumn in Antwerp

Autumn in Antwerp

Autumn in Antwerp

analog selfie

Autumn in Antwerp

Autumn in Antwerp

Autumn in Antwerp

Autumn in Antwerp

Autumn in Antwerp

Autumn in Antwerp

Autumn in Antwerp

Autumn in Antwerp

Autumn in Antwerp 

---- 

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website - old blog

No comments:

Post a Comment