Sunday 24 December 2017

Ride or Die - 2017 edition

Ride or Die 2017

Last year I did my first Ride or Die, so I thought it would be fun to do it again this year, to see how this list has changed in a year. 
This is not a best of new products by any means. 
It's kind of a like a meme and you talk about your holy grail, ultimate favourite product in a certain category. 
So yeah, I'm sure you gathered what I love from the photo already, but if you're interested to find out why, stick around and click the cut!
Bye bye dry skin! 

Primer 
Last year: NYX, eye shadow base in skin tone and M.A.C, prep + prime fix + This year: Too Faced Hangover Primer for my face and still the NYX eye shadow base in skin tone for my eyes. 
I tried a lot of different primers this year and these two just came out on top. Although I will admit that sometimes I just don't want to faf around with the eye shadow base and will use my concealer as eye shadow base instead. 
I've actually been doing that a LOT and I must admit I kinda like it better because it's a lot quicker. The eye shadow base is great, but its a lot of faffing about scooping out product and what not so yeah. Something tells me that it won't be back in next year's Ride or Die. Wait and see I guess...

---- 

Foundation 
Still not applicable, because I still don’t use foundation :). 

---- 

M.A.C pro longwear concealer in NC20 

Concealer 
Last year I predicted that this year I’d list a M.A.C concealer, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do. 
My fave concealer is M.A.C’s pro longwear concealer
I use the shade NC20, which is exactly my skin colour in winter (if I want it lightened I can just use my Too Faced powder over it) and a few shades lighter than my skin tone in summer. 
So most excellent. 
Plus, it deals with my panda eyes very well. So I love this. 

---- 

Too Faced, Born This Way, ethereal setting powder 

Face powder 
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I said NYX HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder last year, because that stuff is crap. 
My face powder and under eye powder choices are the same though: Too Faced, Born This Way Ethereal Setting Powder
Easy to use, no creasing, no flashback, no bullshit. 
And also the best SFX powder I've ever tried. 
Too bad it's so pricy, but luckily I don't use much of it so I don't see myself having to repurchase it any time soon. 

---- 

Photo of the day: 6.1.2017 (day 6) 

Blush 
Too Faced, Love Flush blush in Baby Love
Pricy, yes. 
Totally worth it? Hell, fucking YES! 
Loa making that face in the background was totally unwarranted! 

---- 

Too Faced - Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer 

Bronzer 
I only own two bronzers, so it's not that hard a choice. 
But out of those two, I would definitely have to pick the Too Faced, Milk Chocolate Soleil one
It's a really good match for my skin tone all year 'round and it goes with all of my blushes. 
It also applies so beautifully, especially with the Too Faced Mr Right brush. 

---- 

Too Faced, Love Lights prismatic highlighter in Blinded by the Light 

Highlight 
Last year I was still lazily attempting to pass M.A.C’s extra dimension eye shadow in a perfect flirt off as a highlighter. 
This year I've got over a handful highlighters. 
This is actually really though, because I love my M.A.C, extra dimension skin finish in Beaming Blush just as much as my Too Faced, Love Lights prismatic highlighter in Blinded by the Light
But if I HAVE to choose, I will go with Blinded by the Light as it is the more versatile out of the two. 

---- 

Contouring 
I know how to contour, I am good at it. On other people’s faces, because I can’t be bothered with it on my own. (I can do it on myself, I just don't want to). 
So you will find no contouring stuff here :P. 
Other than the three contour brushes I own just in case I ever need them. 

---- 

M.A.C - in extreme dimension color lash mascara/work it out in Muscle Tee 

Mascara 
2017 is the year where the white mascara returned, so therefore this is a no brainer. 
M.A.C, in extreme dimension colour lash/work it out mascara in Muscle Tee. Because white mascara will FOREVER by my jam.

Day 123/100 days of make-up 

---- 

super cheap falsies 

Lashes 
I don't actually wear fake lashes. 
That said, however, I did enjoy mucking around with this super cheap pair I found at Yamada Denki in Tokyo for a Halloween look I did on my hand. 
I've got one lash left, so I can do another crazy Halloween look with it next year. 

Day 24/31 days of Halloween 

---- 

NYX - wicked lippies in Wrath 

Lipstick 
Last year I said NYX, wicked lippies in wrath, and I still have to go with that. 
Its a metallic lipstick, but it's pretty wearable at the same time. 
And I simply love it. 
The end. 
The only downside is the packaging, which is utterly shit.

Day 52/100 days of make-up in 2017 

---- 

Sephora - cream lip stain 

Liquid lipstick 
Last year: Too Faced Melted Matte in Evil Twin 
This year: Sephora's cream lip stain in Frozen Strawberry because it not only goes with pretty much everything, it is mega long lasting, pretty darn transfer proof and the colour is unique enough for it not to be a boring nude. 
Total win. 

Day 15/31 days of Halloween 

---- 

Lip liner 
Last year I just owned a clear one by Yves Rocher, so it wasn’t much of a choice. This year I’ve gotten a few other colours. 
And well, I honestly don't know, I don't really use them a lot at all, so I wouldn't be able to pick a fave. I feel like this is more of a “non applicable” kind of thing. 

---- 

Lip gloss I still haven’t gotten into lip gloss, so pass :). 

---- 

M.A.C - eye shadow in Amber Lights 

Eye shadow 
Last year I said Gesso by M.A.C because that was the safe and most functional choice out of all the shadows I owned at that time. 
BUT, this year I'm just going to go with my favourite eye shadow: M.A.C's Amber Lights
For I do love my brass! 
There's plenty of eye shadows I've loved this year, but that was hand's down my fave. 

---- 

Yves Rocher - Botanical Color palette in 01.Nude 

Eye shadow palette 
I'm sure everyone expects me to say a Too Faced palette and I do LOVE them. BUT I'm going to go with Yves Rocher's Nude Botanical Color palette
Not the 40 eyeshadows one, the nude one. 
Mostly because it has the most amazing colours that can be used dry or wet, and it has all the shades that are my absolute must haves. 
I actually wrote a review about this here

---- 

M.A.C - technakohl liner in Brass Band 

Eye liner 
Still the technakohl liner in brass band by M.A.C, which I repurchased this year, because I love it so. It's basically the same shade as my fave eye shadow, so yeah, that all works out :). 

---- 

M.A.C - brow sculpt in cork 

Brows 
M.A.C brow sculpt in Cork
Because it's the EXACT same colour as my hair and eyebrows. 
Plus, it's super easy to use, which is always a bonus. 
Well done M.A.C, well done. 

----

SPF 50 setting spray, hell yes! 

Setting spray 
Well, I still don't really use setting spray because I don't need it. 
However, I did purchase the SPF 50 one from Ambre Solaire (and whether or not it really is a setting spray is up for debate, but it does function as one) because you know, summer happened. 
It does the trick, but personally I think it reeks of grandma's closet and I'm not that stoked about it. 
However, what I do like, is that you can just spray your face every hour and it won't start to look like a horrid sticky mess, or ruin your makeup. 
So this is pretty good stuff. 

---- 

Spicebomb 

Perfume 
Last year I said Ambre by L'Occitane du Province. 
I ended up giving that to Bert and bought myself Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf
I discovered it whilst sorting out all of the perfume samples Bert owns, and when I realised this smells like Pumpkin Spice, I had to have it. 
I don't care that its a men's perfume, I love it. 
I may have gone a bit ham with this, but I don't care. 
Actually, the first bottle I bought was with a 30% off all perfumes deal in the French Sephora. And the second time I got it, I got 30% off a holiday kit for a 90ml bottle and a 20ml travel sized bottle, which already had a really good price. I barely paid more for 110ml in total than I would have paid for a 50ml bottle regular price. 
So yeah, keeping an eye on the French Sephora really paid off when it came to perfume this year! 
That aside, I would quite happily smell like pumpkin spice every single day for the rest of my life, so I'm very happy with my immense stock of Spicebomb :)!

Viktor & Rolf - Spicebomb

----

Find me online: 
twitter - instagram - website

No comments:

Post a Comment